Termite Protections With Physical Barriers – If you are building your home in Sydney, why don’t you install physical barriers against termites? After all, today’s precaution will help your building to stand strong against termite infestation. Moreover, termites can infest your home through a tiny hole and crack without your knowledge. And by the time you detect their existence within your home, the damage can be out of your control.
However, the entire problem is avoidable with installing termite barriers underneath your home and the surrounding garden and lawns. For more accurate prevention, you can install the termite protections with physical barriers around the pipelines of your home as well. The entire system of physical barriers is capable of inhibiting subterranean termites that can pass through a gap of 1.5 mm.
Unlike chemical barriers, physical barriers need a preparatory phase. And you have to install the barriers right at the beginning of the construction. Also, the effect is long-lasting, whereas the chemical barriers can wear off after a while. All it needs is some regular maintenance to keep the barriers functional at an affordable price.
- The physical barrier involves layers of protective materials that create an impermeable layer for termites. And the layering is done during the building construction.
- The underground tunnels are protected with a physical slab that prevents the termites from entering the building.
- Once the physical barrier is ready, the building is safe from termite infestation therefore, even though the installation seems a costly investment, it pays off well in the long run.
- There is no need to reinstall the physical barrier from time to time. Once installed, it will work properly with occasional maintenance. And the maintenance charges are inexpensive.
- During home or building extensions, you need to put physical layers for that area separately.
Therefore, which treatment will be best for you depends on the condition of the termite infestation. However, if you want to prevent termites with physical barriers, hiring professional termite controllers in Sydney will be the best for you.